1 lb Brussels sprouts, fresh or frozen
1 medium sized onion
3 TBSP sour cream
4 cups vegetable broth (e. g. 2 instant broth cubes and 4 cups water)
herbs, e.g. parsley or chives
1. Remove the outer leaves from the fresh Brussels sprouts, cut the stems and wash, or simply thaw the frozen sprouts.
2. Depending on size, quarter or half the Brussels sprouts and chop onion.
3. Prepare the broth.
4. Add chopped onion and Brussels sprouts to the broth and let boil for about 20 minutes.
5. Blend with a hand blender and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Stir in sour cream, season to taste and garnish with herbs.
If you like to add a hearty flavor, top this soup with pan-fried bacon pieces.
– top salad with slices of avocado